Tuesday 26 April 2011

"Quick" update

I've never really written a fairly long post on my blog before, so I guess this will be the very first time. 
Firstly, I will apologize to the people on my friend list for my extended inactivity on Mario Kart Wii, due to (mainly) traveling, but also because of Pokémon, which takes me quite a lot of time to be honest. I'll explain some of the reasons below.

Mario Kart Wii 

As an opening to this section, I will begin by saying that I updated the Friend List page, which you will find here. I didn't make any major changes, except that I had to delete Minase since he retired from MKWii and another person for (let's face it) shit reasons. I'm quite happy as for the two people I have added to my Friend List: I first added Troy, a nice person to talk to and a pretty good player. The second player I added was a Japanese person, ぽん. The reason why I'm especially happy about this add is because he told me I was the first foreign player to ever be added to his friend list... That's quite the honor. We then played 20 races together along with my very good Japanese friend カナブン, which were the first races I've really enjoyed in a long, long while. He also seemed quite surprised that I could speak/type Japanese and then congratulated me about it, which also made me really happy.
Because yes, as I pointed out above, my inactivity on Mario Kart Wii is not only due to traveling or Pokémon: I've kind of grown tired of Mario Kart Wii. I think everyone is, and this is mainly why I bought a DSi in urge, with Pokémon. After a good 2 weeks of playing those games, I was back to playing Mario Kart Wii a little more, and in the end, enjoyed it.
I also never mentioned it in any of the blog's post, but my trial for StarStruck ended as I was accepted, after leaving All Stars (which is something I do feel bad about, even though it doesn't seem like it to some people... I do regret). I was first assigned to StarStruck 2, but then moved to StarStruck 1 as Hiba and Lunar left StarStruck to re-join Infected with Skill...
So yeah, that is pretty much all, I forgot to mention I was happy I cleared out things with someone, if he ever reads this post. I will try playing some more, unfortunately, I have yet to travel again and meet my dad, therefore going inactive sometime soon for a few days, but nothing major.

Pokémon

Ah... Pokémon. I once had a DS my mom gave me as a birthday present, a long time ago (I'd say 3/4 years), but I unfortunately lost it at school. I had a few games on it, such as Mario Kart DS and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, no Pokémon though. Only recently, I browsed some French Pokémon sites; one of them had a section entirely dedicated to competitive Pokémon gaming. I had never heard of it back then, but I decided to read, just to see. I was bored to death anyways (as always!). To be honest, it kind of interested me and this is  when I really regretted that I lost my DS... Only up to recently, I decided I would buy a PS3 especially with someone whose name will be left untold, but my mom decided it would be otherwise, and picked in my money; I then didn't have enough money for PS3, unfortunately. After this occured, I though: "why not buy a DS with Pokémon games again to taste competitive gameplay?!" and this is how I ended up buying a DS with Pokémon White, precisely to quench my thirst, since I had played Pokémon Emerald and Pokémon Fire Red on emulator in the process. Having not played any of the DS episodes, the first minutes I played Pokémon White were quite... shocking. I was absolutely impressed by the graphics improvements, and other new features, to say the least. I think it took me 2 days, more or less, to get all 8 badges and wipe out the Pokémon League. I then wanted to complete the Pokédex completely, and, as of today, I have seen every Pokémon from Unova, which is in my opinion a pretty decent accomplishment (I got the game about 10 days ago or so). I then built a solid team (I couldn't thank Sunny more) and started playing online, facing some people from MKWii: Paw, Haarp, Wrath... Those were some pretty fun battles, but I'll keep on improving my team!
At some point, I thought: "okay, cool. I bought Pokémon White, but I still haven't played other DS Pokémon, such as Diamond and Pearl, Heartgold and Soulsilver!". This is when I decided to look up some french site and check the game: I found a Heartgold game in my city for 20€, I decided to buy it right away (This was today). The game was already used, therefore there was already a save, but I thought whatever, and then pressed new game. After one hour or so of playing (I had beaten the first Gym and, defeated the Tower and trained my Pokémon a bit), I noticed I simply couldn't save because there was already a save on the game. You apparently have to delete the save by pressing B+select+down arrow on the main title screen to remove the current save. How am I supposed to know this?! Bullshit. I then RQ'd DS and played some Mario Kart Wii. I however think, after publishing this (long) post, that I will delete the save and play all the game once again...

If you have read this post fully, hats off! Thank you very much for reading, I felt like I had to post something. See you next time!

~ Linkin

1 comment: