Thursday 28 April 2011

TT again...

I was really uninterested by Time Trial the last few weeks/months: the continental tops I'm in (DDR and RR) literally became infested with players using new strategies (no offense to them, mastering new strategies still takes skill and this is how you improve). Since I have some time, I decided I'd try to master new strategies: I took the easier, Dry Dry Ruins, as I really didn't feel like karting on this piece of crap.
The first few days of TTing DDR were quite frustrating, I could barely finish a single lap, and I could even less make the shortcut properly. I don't think I've done it once during those days. However, I never gave up and still tried to play DDR. I also became fairly good at the wheelie wall glitch, I can now pull it 100% of the time. In the last few days, I started to pull decent 1st laps: 36.932, 36.903, 36.845 (!!) were the best laps I've had.
I somewhat became more consistent in the longrun and I could finally improve my last Personal Record of 1:50.208 to the time of 1:49.812. A very good cut if you ask me, however, the number of mistakes in this run was absolutely unbelievable: I didn't trick on wall glitch lap2, bad landing in the exit tomb lap2, very bad lines in the begining, and also tricked only once on pillars on lap3. Splits for both runs were:


37.074
35.103
37.635
1:49.812

37.172
34.788
38.248
1:50.208

I guess you can notice the difference between those runs by yourself. The lap 3 in my current PR was really good and I am surprised I could pull something this good (although I tricked on only one pillar). The picture I took:


Thank you for reading this post yet again, and I'll leave you fellow visitors with this quote:

[22:46:58] Royal: According to National Geographic, average length of an African elephant penis is about 2 meters and most of it is not visible. It weighs about 25 kg or 55 lbs. The record is 6 and a half feet long!
[22:47:11] NMeade: LMAO
[22:47:12] Royal: LOL
[22:47:13] Linkin: WOOOOOOOOW

No comments:

Post a Comment